Managed services: what solutions for companies ?
Managed services provide a significant change in the management of the IS (information system) of professionals. This model of outsourcing is indeed based on the principles of pooling and industrialization of IT installations. Companies are thus led to rethink the role and organization of their IT pole.
In addition, MSPs allow you to continuously optimize managed systems.
Managed services: what is it ?
Managed services include Operational and strategic services for externalized IT infrastructure management. They are provided by a provider commonly called MSP, for Managed Services Provider (managed service provider). This partner offers a set of non -punctual services which are generally specified in an annual or multi -year contract.
Such an offer is available here. In addition, visitors can perform a quote simulation.
For Afnor, an MSP is simply a provider specializing in outsourcing. More generally, it is an ESN (digital service company), formerly named SSII (Computer Engineering Company). The field of intervention of the MSP covers concretely:
- IT audit;
- IT supervision and maintenance;
- Alert management;
- Resolution of incidents, breakdowns and other problems;
- The maintenance and troubleshooting of the IS;
- Cybersecurity management;
- Updates to programs and materials;
- The old technology ;
- Technical support and user assistance.
On a daily basis, the external speaker fulfills the function traditionally awarded to the DSI (Information Systems Department) of large companies. He actually takes care of the IT services and equipment necessary for professional structures. Nevertheless, the provider makes it possible to limit the needs for financial and human resources at the level of the IT pole.
What are the solutions offered by MSPs ?
THE managed services above all manage the heart of the SI of companies, namely servers, services and associated materials. They also support management equipment upstream and downstream from the network. Thus, the service provider takes care of the firewall, switches, storage and data securing (backup, replication, restoration, etc.), among other things)).
Basically, MSPs bring their expertise to meet the general or specific IT needs of professionals. The intervention thus includes a wide variety of services, in particular:
- Design of system architecture;
- Update and permanent optimization of IT services;
- SI and network surveillance; and restoration in the event of claims (cyber attacks, fires, serious breakdowns, natural disasters, etc.);
- Digital security management;
- Management of SaaS and digital communication channels (VOIP, Video, Instant messaging, etc.);
- Assistance in the event of computer problems;
- Regular audit of the various managed services (SI, network, security, etc.).
This last point is particularly important to detect and resolve the gaps or vulnerabilities of the system. The audit also makes it possible to continuously optimize the performance and the level of security of IT infrastructure. As a result, the company’s IS will always be effective, secure and in accordance with standards in this area.
This evolving aspect is decisive for the competitiveness of professionals.
What advantages for your business ?
THE managed services above all allow you to take advantage of a quality infrastructure, configured and immediately operational. In addition, the CLIENTE company has a partner doing continuous, preventive and curative work on its SI. This method thus makes it possible to obtain a more flexible, reliable and scalable computer system.
It also helps the company to gain agility and performance.
Beyond a simple outsourcing service, MSPs propose to coexist SI and optimize the digital transition of professionals. This complex service necessarily includes various actions, such as advice, management and supervision of IT installations. On the other hand, the company delegates to a single interlocutor all the questions relating to the IT department. This form of outsourcing allows:
- To spare the internal team or to do without an IT department;
- To facilitate exchanges, from creation to the optimization of the IS;
- To adapt the systems to the specifics of structures and trades;
- To reduce costs by adjusting expenses to real needs;
- Identify the risks linked to managed services;
- Reduce reaction time in the event of incidents or cyber attacks;
- To promote agility and innovation on each project.
In short, the MSP allows Take advantage of the main advantages of outsourcing and co -management of SI. Companies also have a single, proactive and involved interlocutor in the management of their IT systems. This provider thus helps to adapt to the complexification of networks and cyberrencies.